As with all campaigning to make a positive change, the more people who can actually engage with the issue, the more chance there is of making a real difference.
There are lots of ways of making even small contributions to making the streets and green spaces cleaner and Oxford a more visually pleasing city we can all be proud of. Here are some examples:
- Help organise, or partake in, our annual Spring Clean litter pick
- Organise, with our help, a litter pick at any time at a place near you
- Follow us on Twitter, and share with your friends and family (spreading the word)
- Write expressing your concerns about any aspect of litter to your local councillor
- Take a few moments to report littering issues which are bothering you (persistent littering in your area, poor bin emptying, lack of bins, …) to the City Council
- Bring new ideas of how OxClean can work more effectively by getting in touch with us via email
- Have the courage and conviction to pick up litter you see and drop it in a nearby bin. Being seen by others doing this will contribute to changing social attitudes. Here’s what a BBC reporter said about it: Rubbish job: Why don’t we just pick up litter?
- Volunteer! OxClean wants to ramp up its activities outside of the annual Spring Clean, to campaign year-round. If you would like to contribute some of your valuable time to practical initiatives which make a visible difference to our urban environment, please do get in touch. OxClean is people like you, and we would love to hear from you.