Recruiting Volunteers – Spring Clean
Once someone has taken part they usually say they enjoyed themselves, they will be glad you asked them to take part!
We appeal for individuals to register with us so that we can signpost them to appropriate community groups. We try to get media coverage, we distribute posters to Community Notice Boards, we tell your local Councillors etc
Here are some suggestions as to how you might recruit people to join you:
- Door to door leaflets (A5) – you can download, personalise and print a two sided leaflet and distribute these in neighbourhoods that you think are most likely to respond to your appeal;
- Posters (A5 & A4) – you can download, personalise and print a poster for displaying within your neighbourhood – schools, community centres, shops;
- Word of mouth – encourage people who are already part of the group to put the word about when they meet up with neighbours – book clubs, mother and baby groups;
- Make it Fun 1 – fix up a social event after the litter-pick – eg bring and share picnic;
- Make it Fun 2 – get local businesses (eg shops, pubs) to support you by eg supplying hot drinks.
If you cannot download and/or print these items, click here for requests and enquiries.