Recruiting Volunteers – Anytime Litter-picks
As an organiser of a community group you need to recruit people to join your litter pick. Here are some suggestions.
- Door to door leaflets (A5) – you can download, personalise and print a two sided leaflet and distribute these in neighbourhoods that you think are most likely to respond to your appeal
- Posters – you can download, personalise and print a poster for displaying within your neighbourhood – schools, community centres, shops
- Word of mouth – encourage people who are already part of the group to put the word about when they meet up with neighbours – book clubs, mother and baby groups
- Make it Fun 1 – fix up a social event after the litter-pick – eg bring and share picnic
- Make it Fun 2 – get local businesses (eg shops, pubs) to support you by eg supplying hot drinks
If you cannot download and/or print these items, click here for requests and enquiries.